CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Even worse...

I just read this post to hubby. His response was,


"So, are we going to start?"


My brain is churning out 100, "how can we afford a baby" scenarios.


Any "don't to it" advise is greatly needed....NOW.

5 comments:

samanthamaren said...

Dude, you know I am always here for you in the don't do it department! So, here I go...
1. You never know, you might have multiples, so you could end up with a big family starting at any time! Don't worry so much!
2. Google the cost for a child. Google for children at each age. Its dismal. Then, ask Craig where he is going to get the money to pay for it. Make the budget and show him that he will need more jobs/better paying jobs whatever (thats what got Dave to back off a bit!)
3. You are still crazy young!! Hello! Don't freak yet. You still have plenty of time. Modern medicine makes this a great world and you have plenty of time to have lots of kids! Even if you start in your 30's you could have 6 kids before you are 40!
4. Is the house ready for kids yet? Can you imagine all the things that would need to be done to get a house ready?? Every time I look around my apartment I just think about what a death trap it is!
5. Get yourself healthy first! That is what is best for babies-a good, healthy mom!
6. Do you get my picture yet? I can go on, and on and on. And if you want to see the flip side of kids, come visit me sometime. I will gladly loan you a few of my students! They are great kids, but will make you reconsider quickly! Yuck-teenagers! There are always pregnant people at my school-usually at least 3. They are always asking me when I am going to get pregnant. I just know I will when its right for our family. Don't worry! You really do have plenty of time! Its gonna be okay!
Seriously though-if you need more reasons, I can go on and on and.... :)

ParamourANGEL said...

Thank you... I SOOOO needed a voice of reason. No kids yet. Definitely not until I can drive a car again. lol.

Unknown said...

Come take care of mine instead... ;P

samanthamaren said...

When it comes to kids, I am a GREAT voice of reason! Plus, I want to make you feel better! Its just not your time. God will open all the doors when your ready!

The Popes said...

Just my two cents, but I'm not sure there is ever a perfect time to start having kids...I mean, there is always going to be more to do around the house, you can always use more money, etc, etc.
I wanted to have kids young so that I could be there for them as long as possible. And I always had this horrible fear that I would wait to have them, and then find out that I couldn't for some reason and then I would be heartbroken. Probably not likely, but I'm a worrywart myself.

I'd also like to point out that even if you start trying, you're not likely to get pregnant right away (not because of you specifically, just because that's how life is). There is only a 25% chance every cycle that you will get pregnant, and that is everything goes perfectly. I don't know the average, but I know it took us about 5 months to get pregnant. Add on 9 months to that, and you have over a year to prepare.

That said, this is my opinion only, and there are always circumstances that should be weighed heavily, such as your health for one! It is a very personal decision and a very big one. It's up to you to decide when you're ready, but don't be afraid of it, either.