CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 6, 2008

When animals strike back...









These pictures hardly do this justice. There were many more wounds than pictured and this was after some of the blood was cleaned. He ended up having cuts on both hands, legs, and one foot. I would estimate that there were around 50 cuts and deep punctures that were still bleeding when hubby left for work.

So, here is the scoop. I slept terribly all night last night and after hours of tossing and turning I went to sleep on the couch downstairs. I thought this was for the best.

Well, I woke up in the wee hours of the morning to loud banging and terrible cat noises coming from upstairs. The noises continued until I heard Hubby sized thudding and then him yelling. All fell fairly quiet and then I heard, "Shit I have blood all over me." So, I ran upstairs to see what the crap happened. There were cats flying every where, urine all over the hall way carpet and walls, and Craig standing in the bath room covered in blood. I yelled as I was heading up the stairs, "Is it your blood or a cats?!" Craig said in a confused voice, "I don't know!" So, when I got upstairs and saw him I realized it was his. He then told me he was going to faint. He quickly laid down in the bathroom while I got him a glass of water and tried to keep myself from fainting. Lots of calming down of hubby, and the cats, and blood and urine clean up happened after that. Finally, sometime during all of that, hubby me what happened.

As far as we could figure, mama cat got spooked or caught in something at the foot of the bed (we think the cloth hamper because it was ripped and had some of hubbies blood on it). She then proceeded to freak out, involving Theta in the whole mess, and freaking out the rest of the cats who came running to see what all of the cat fight noises were about (they were so spooked that they urinated everywhere). Well hubby, in all of his still sleeping glory, tried to free mama cat from whatever had her and break up the invisible fight he couldn't see because it was pitch black. Mama then decided that hubby was the cause of all of her trouble. The rest, as they say, is history.

Ouch.

0 comments: